HEALTHY NUTRITION ...PROTEIN ...
HOW MUCH DO I NEED?
To calculate ...the daily amount of PROTEIN for healthy nutrition.
Simply multiply your body weight in kilos x 0.8 - (Or lbs x 0.365)
Kilo’s = 80kg x 0.8 = 64gms of Protein required.
Lbs = 176lbs x 0.365 = 64gms of Protein required.
Pretty simple really! ...just work out what protein you need for your fitness nutrition
...then find a supply that delivers it!
Dr Michael Colgan, PhD, Author of many books including "The Anti-inflammatory Athlete" ...who has personally trained over 11,000 high level athletes speaks about WHEY PROTEIN.
AND WHAT DO THE PROTEIN GRADES MEAN?
Many companies just call their protein shakes "Pharmaceutical grade" ...and hope that your questions go away.
Firstly the types of protein ...like Soy or whey etc ...It's commonly known that for fitness nutrition whey protein is the best.
Then the whey protein itself can either be what is referred to as ..."denatured" whey protein OR "undenatured whey protein" ...meaning that the molecular structure of the undenatured whey protein has not been altered by processing.
"Undenatured whey protein" is the best type of protein ...and it assimilates into the body better and faster than all other types of protein.
Then there are the grades
Protein is graded from 1 to 8 ...which basically refer to the amount of fat left in the protein after processing ...The higher the grading ...the lower the amount of fat.
Many "over the counter" shakes available today ...are only grade 1 or 2 ...In Australia I'm informed that "none are higher than grade 3".
Obviously that person ... is NOT aware of the shake in the program we're using ...because
"Our shake" is ...an "undenatured whey protein ...grade 7 ...low lactose with less than 0.01% of fat".
How good is that?
Healthy Nutrition and the BEST OF THE BEST.
It makes a lot more sense ...to me for bodybuilders to consume grade 7 undenatured whey shakes ...than chicken breasts.
CAN I INCREASE MY PROTEIN INTAKE?
I am aware ...that many fitness trainers and bodybuilders are adding up to six of our "snack wafers" to each shake.
Each snack wafer ...is 1gm of undenatured whey protein.
That means they're having 29gms of grade 7 pure undenatured whey protein in each drink! ...and with assimilation at around 90% they're almost instantly delivering 26gms of usable
protein to their body.
I can see why they like this healthy nutrition.
WHAT MAKES THESE SHAKES THE BEST?
• The source of the whey protein ...comes from cattle grazed on pesticide free farms in New Zealand ...and it’s treated with a patented low temperature process ...so as not to alter its molecular structure in processing.
• The production ...is totally controlled "in house" for the whole of the world sales ...and not contracted out ...so the quality control on this fitness nutrition is optimum.
• The original specification by the formulator ...is better than any others available.
• It's UNDENATURED WHEY PROTEIN so the amino acid profiles have not been altered in processing.
• The included live enzymes are the "transport" system allowing around 85% assimilation into the blood system ...which is far better than any others available. (Most are only around 35% maximum.)
Eric J Smetherham's Expert Author Email Alerts
Sign up to receive email alerts of Eric J Smetherham's latest articles from EzineArticles.com!
TAKE A LOOK AT THIS
INTERESTED IN A "SUPER PROTEIN"
Return from the healthy nutrition page to the BODYBUILDING page.